Board of Trustees, Regional Representatives 2015
- *Dr. Roger Chylinski-Polubinski, Chairman, MD
- *Thomas Czerwnia-Hollowak, Chief Archivist, MD
- Dame Barbara Bromont-Slawinska, Poland
- David P.J. Sas-Tyssowski, Canada
- Aleksander, Prince Giedroyce, Ukraine
- Stanislas M. A. Yassukovitch, France
College of Heraldry Research
- Thomas Czerwnia-Hollowak, Chief Archivist
- Robert Strybel, Surname & Heraldry Researcher, Warsaw, Poland
Editorial Board and Contributors
- Aleksander Liston, Proof Reader, CA
Irena Uderska-Galati, Proof Reader
& Contributor, London, NY
- David P.J. Sas-Tyssowski, Proof Reader
- Jan Prince Polubinski, Historical Pictures Archivist
- Robert Strybel, Poland
- George Helon, Australia
- Keith R. Jones, Webmaster & Journal Layout and Design, MD
Dr. Roger Chylinski-Polubinski, Ph.D.
Dr. Roger Chylinski-Polubinski; Arms-Jastrzebiec
Anneslie, MD 21212
26 Greystone Lane
St. Lawrence CO, NY
Virginia Park (1987/2010)
Virginia, County Cavan
Professional Bio: (as of 3/2013)
Dr. Roger Chylinski-Polubinski (Ret. 4/2010) is the founding president and served as a member of the Board of Trustees of Baltimore International College. In addition in 1987 he was appointed CEO of Kirkmichael Ltd. in Ireland. The Baltimore International College (BIC) specialized in career programs for the International Hospitality Industry. BIC offered 17 certificates, undergraduate and Master’s of Science Programs in classroom settings and/or on line. BIC operated campuses in Baltimore, Maryland’s famous Inner Harbor and the historic 100 acre 18th century Campus, Virginia Park formerly the sporting estate of the Marquis of Headfort in Virginia, County Cavan, Ireland (West of Dublin).
Dr. Chylinski-Polubinski received his AOS from the Culinary Institute of America and his AS in Business Administration from Johnson and Wales University. He continued with his education, earning his Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the University of Baltimore and a MBA in Business Administration and a MBA in Management from Morgan State University. He also earned his Ph.D. in Management from LaSalle University. Dr. Chylinski also received numerous certifications, and was an ACF Certified Executive Chef and Culinary Educator.
Anneslie-St. James Investments (President)
Investments in land, buildings and securities
Anneslie-St. James Investments (Chairman)
The Mission-“Conservation-Education and Preservation
has led to the preservation of land, water resources, wildlife and historic buildings.
Thomas Czerwnia-Hollowak; Arms-Czerwnia
7 Dendron Court
Baltimore, MD 21234
- University of Maryland, College Park:
M.A., History: 1990
Thesis: The Rise of Independency among Baltimore's Polish Catholics, 1868-1898
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County:
B.A., History: 1984
- Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland:
Certificate, Summer School of Polish Language and Culture, 1984.
- Langsdale Library - University of Baltimore:
- July 2007-June 30, 2013, Associate Director for Special Collections
- February 1999 –June 2007, Head of Special Collections Department
- September 1990 February 1999, Archivist, Special Collections & Reference Department
- Baltimore City Archivist & Records Management Officer: 1995-1989
- University of Baltimore, Alumni Association's Spirit of Excellence Award, 2001
- Listed in: Who's Who in America, 2000; Who's Who in Polish America, 1996-1997; Community Leaders of America, 1983; Who's Who in Genealogy & Heraldry, 1981; International Youth in Achievement, 1981
- Pabish Memorial Scholarship for Summer Study in Poland - American Council of Polish Cultural Clubs - 1984
- Norris Harris Source Record Contest -Maryland Historical Society:
- First Place 1977/78; Honorable Mention 1983/84.
- Joseph D. Reese Historical Essay Prize - University of Maryland, Baltimore County: Academic Year 1982/83.
- Scholarship Award Polish Heritage Association of Maryland: Academic Year 1982/83.
- Breihan, John R., Elfenbein, Jessica I. and Hollowak, Thomas L., editors, From Mobtown to Charm City: Papers from the Baltimore History Conference. Baltimore, Maryland Historical Society Press, December 2002.
- College History Series: University of Baltimore. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Press, 2000. Baltimore's Past: A Directory of Historical Sources. Baltimore: Historyk Press, 1995.
Other Professional Experience:
- American Records Managers Association, Maryland Chapter, 1988-1989; Vice President; 1986-1989, Board Member.
- Baltimore History Network, 1987-1996: Organizer & Board Member.
- Edgar Allan Poe Society of Maryland, 1997-present: Archivist.
General Society of Colonial Wars, 1996-June 30, 2013: Archivist/Associate Editor.
- Maryland Genealogical Society, 1977-1980: Chairman, Publications Committee.
- Maryland Historical Society, 1988-1999: Genealogy Committee.
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archivist Conference (MARAC):
Chair Program Committee, Baltimore - Spring 2006; Local Arrangements Committee, Towson - Spring 2002; Program Committee Long Island, NY - Fall 1999; Co-Chair Program Committee, Joint Conference MARAC & Oral Historians, Baltimore - Spring 1995.
- Polish Genealogical Society of America: Board Member, 1981-1986.
- Polish Nobility Association:
- 2004- Present - Archivist; Webmaster; Acting Director - College of Heraldry, Executive Committee; Board Member.
- Polish Heritage Association of Maryland:
Archivist/ Historian; 1st Vice President; Board Member; Chair – Scholarship Committee; Editor – Newsletter.
- Samuel Ready Scholarships, Inc., 1994-1998: Board Member.
Society of St. Sulpice Archives, Baltimore, 1993, 1999: Consultant.
- Association of Moving Image Archivists
- University of Baltimore:
- Various Library Committees:
- Baltimore ’68 Riots & Rebirth Committee, 2005-2008, Executive Committee, Chair - Conference Logistics Sub-Committee.
- H. Mebane Turner Farewell Committee, 2002; Baltimore Public History Conference - Co-Chair, Fall 1999; November 1996.